The slices of codThey are actually chubby pieces of cod, battered and fried in olive oil. A true delicacy that can be tasted in two places in Madrid: the Labra House and at Casa Revuelta. Cod is a white fish, low in fat and in calories. It is a source of vitamins, minerals and proteins for children and the whole family. Guiainfantil.com offers us an easy recipe, typically Spanish.
- Pieces of fresh cod
- 1 egg (or more, if necessary)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 glass of beer
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 minced garlic
- Chopped parsley
- Olive oil for frying
1. The first thing you have to do is desalt the cod. Let it soak for 24 hours, changing the water about 3 times a day.
2. Once desalted, dry the cod well with kitchen paper or a clean cloth. Reserve them.
3. In a bowl, mix the egg, flour, yeast. Shake all.
4. Then add the oil, garlic and parsley. Beat everything until a uniform dough is achieved. Add more flour or a little beer in the event that the dough is not less or thicker.
5. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
6. Batter the pieces of cod in the batter, and fry them until golden brown.
7. Drain the excess oil from the cod on absorbent kitchen paper.
8. Serve the cod slices with aioli sauce or simply with a salad.
Enjoy your meal!
You can read more articles similar to Cod slices. Traditional Spanish recipe, in the category of Fish on site.