Do you remember the movie Ratatouille? If your children saw it, they will surely still remember Remy, the mouse who from a very young age had a dream of becoming a great Chef. And your wish has come true.
Ratatouille is also a very popular Provencal recipe in France. It is a dish that almost always has aubergine, zucchini, tomato, onion and garlic. For your children to try a movie recipe.
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- Olive oil
- Fresh herbs
- And salt
Guiainfantil.com has developed a very easy and quick recipe to make. In addition to being rich, Ratatouille is a healthy dish, ideal for children or pregnant vegetarians or for those who are overweight.
1. Peel the onion, grate it and put it in a pan with a little oil until it is done.
2. When the onion is poached, add the minced garlic and mix.
3. When the garlic begins to color, add the tomato sauce and cook for about 15 minutes.
4. Wash and cut the aubergine and zucchini into thin slices 0.5 cm thick.
5. Arrange the slices of aubergines in a source and season them so that they release part of the water. Then dry them and fry them in the oil quickly. Remove them from the oil and leave them on absorbent paper.
6. Then, in the same oil, quickly fry the zucchini.
7. The next step is to assemble the Ratatouille: first place the tomato sauce with the onion and garlic in the bottom of a source. Spread it well so that it covers the entire bottom.
8. Then, a small tower of aubergine, tomato and zucchini discs is made, alternately.
9. We will do the same around the tower until they are finished. They should look like the photo above.
10. Sprinkle everything with powdered herbs and season to taste.
11. Take the source to the oven, preheated to 200 degrees, for a half hour.
12. Season the aubergines and let them release some of the water. Dry them and fry them briefly in a frying pan with oil. Also fry the zucchini slices. Cut the tomatoes into slices.
13. Place the carrot, onion, garlic and tomato sauce mixture in the bottom of a pan. Spread well. Place the aubergine slices, zucchini and tomato slices on the sauce in rows.
14. Sprinkle with a good amount of Provencal herbs. Season. Bake at 200ºC for 30 minutes. Serve and garnish with parsley.
You can read more articles similar to How to make Ratatouille. Movie recipe for kids, in the Vegetables category - vegetables on site.