One of the most typical Christmas recipes is this prawn cocktail with which you can surprise children, family members and guests with its great balance of flavors. The best of the sea with crisp green leaves and a light touch of a rich pink sauce.
Due to its variety of flavors and freshness, this can be a perfect first course or starter for Christmas dinner since when served cold it can be prepared in advance. This way you will have more time to enjoy the party.
- 1 kg of fresh prawns
- 2 French lettuces
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of good ketchup
- 2 hours of laurel
- Water to cook the prawns
- Slice of a lemon
- Tips: if you want you can add corn kernels to the mayonnaise, as well as other types of leaves in addition to lettuce.
Guiainfantil.com teaches us how to make this starter that you can serve both at lunch and at Christmas dinner, New Year's Eve or any other celebration.
1. Cook the prawns for two minutes in boiling water with a handful of coarse salt and two bay leaves.
2. Put them quickly in ice water until cool, so that the skin glows.
3. Reserve a whole shrimp for each cocktail bowl, peel the rest.
4. Separate the leaves from the lettuce, wash and drain well.
5. Line the walls of each bowl with lettuce leaves.
6. For the pink sauce, mix the mayonnaise and ketchup. The sauce should be a nice light pink color.
7. Mix the sauce with the shrimp tails and spread it over all the bowls you prepared.
8. Serve decorating each bowl with one (or more) whole prawn and a lemon wedge.
You can read more articles similar to Prawn cocktail. Recipe for parties, in the category of Seafood and molluscs on site.