A balanced plate must be made up of several nutrients; proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals; So, on this occasion, we provide you with a second dish that goes perfectly with meat, fish and even eggs. It is about roasted tomatoes stuffed with rice that we have made look like Halloween pumpkins.
A Halloween recipe for children, ideal to complete our party menu. From our site, we help the smallest of the house to get closer to the vegetables in a fun way. Don't miss out on this simple recipe.
- Raf type tomatoes.
- Rice (100 gr per tomato).
- Olive oil.
1. We wash the tomatoes and cut the top as a cover. We empty them completely and let them rest upside down on a plate on kitchen paper, so they will drain the water.
2. Meanwhile, chop onion to taste and crush the inside of the tomatoes a little. In a frying pan and over low heat, brown the onion; then add the tomato and let it come to a boil. Add the rice and sauté. As the liquid is consumed, we will add ladles of hot water or hot vegetable broth. We will repeat this last step 3 to 4 times for approximately 20 minutes.
3. Once the rice is ready, we will fill the tomatoes, but before filling them, we will salt the inside a pinch and pour a drizzle of olive oil. We will bake for 15 minutes, or until when we prick the tomatoes with a toothpick, we notice that they have softened.
4. Before serving the Halloween pumpkins with roasted tomatoes to the table, you can slice a black olive to add two eyes and a Machiavellian smile.
You can read more articles similar to How to make Halloween pumpkins with roasted tomatoes. Trompe l'oeil recipes, in the category of Recipes on site.