Head lice are very common in children between 3 and 10 years of age. This pest is easily transmitted by constantly living with other children, either from head to head, sharing a hairbrush, scarf or hat, even through the sheets. In these cases prevention is the key, so take note of these herbs to fight lice in children, which can not only be effective against these parasites, but also much cheaper than other treatments with chemical products.
Lice are parasitic insects that live on the scalp, feed on blood and are often very annoying, causing itching and irritation. As a solution to this epidemic outbreak so frequent in children, in Guiainfantil.com We tell you about some preventive treatments with 100% natural elements, which can be very effective. Pay attention to this list of herbs to fight head lice in children:
1. Infusion of eucalyptus and lemon. Make an infusion by heating 2 cups of water along with some eucalyptus leaves. Wait until it boils and add the juice of one lemon. Let it cool for a few minutes and once it is at room temperature, pour the liquid over the child's head. Perform gentle and circular massages, let it rest for about half an hour. At the end you just have to rinse the hair with water.
2. Rosemary infusion. Boil a liter of water with some rosemary leaves. Let them rest for a few minutes and then apply the infusion on the head. It removes the hair very well until it reaches the roots. Finally rinse and wash with shampoo. It is recommended to repeat this treatment at least 2 times a week.
3. Tea tree oil. Lice are attracted to the smell that humans naturally give off. By adding a few drops of tea tree to children's shampoo, we will be able to hide this smell and we will be able to eradicate the outbreaks of lice.
4. Lavender oil This aromatic plant can be found in shampoo or as an essential oil. To carry out a correct application of the oil, just put two drops of it behind each ear, it can also be mixed with olive oil, sunflower oil or some body lotion.
5. Mint infusion. Make an infusion by heating 500 ml of water together with 40 gr. of mint leaves. Let it rest for 20 minutes and when the infusion is warm, strain the liquid. Apply it all over your hair, put on a shower cap and leave it on for an hour. Then wash the little one's hair.
6. Infusion of parsley. Place the parsley in a cup of boiling water and let it steep for 15 minutes. Rub this infusion all over your hair and leave it for 40 minutes. Rinse with shampoo and repeat this procedure every day. The antibacterial properties of parsley will serve to reduce irritation and regulate the pH of the scalp, thus altering the environment that lice need to reproduce.
1. Keep clothes clean. Wash clothes in hot water, especially items such as hats, hats and scarves.
2. Wear your hair up. Lice develop better in warm areas, if we clear the nape and ears we will keep these areas cool and free of these parasites; for this, it is ideal to wear short or collected hair.
3. Constant reviews. We must be aware and check the children's hair weekly or every 15 days, so that a possible possible lice infestation.
4. Do not lend personal hygiene items. It is advisable for each child to use their own comb or brush, as well as their own towel for bath time.
You can read more articles similar to Herbs to fight lice in children, in the category of Lice and nits on site.